Mandatory properties for steam & gas turbine oil
1. Steam Turbine Oil
- Good Demulsibility: Means the ability to release water, This is important when the equipment is operating in humid climates or in a plant atmosphere that is wet or humid.
- Foam Suppression and Air Release: Foam is used whenever there is a possibility of liquid fire. The Foam will mix with water and then expand over the liquid that is on fire, cool the fire, and will finally suffocate it.
- Anti-rust protection: Rustproofing is the prevention or delay of rusting.
- Anti-wear protection (Certain Cases): Antiwear additives (AW additives) are lubricant components that chemically react with Oil to protect metal-to-metal contact between parts of gears.
2. Gas Turbine Oil
- Anti – Corrosion Protection: Help protect the base oil from oxidation and the metal from damage by corrosive acids.
- Anti – Scuff (Certain Cases): Anti-scuff additives are designed to react with the parent metal surfaces to provide protection under severe loads and high temperatures where the oxide layers and chemically adsorbed anti-wear films on metal surfaces are disrupted.
- Thermal Stability: Thermal stability is the stability of a molecule at high temperatures; i.e. a molecule with more stability has more resistance to decomposition at high temperatures. Thermal stability also describes, as defined by Schmidt, the stability of a water body and its resistance to mixing.
We at Minimac study your maintenance needs and provide the best solution. We believe in
Discern, Design & Deliver.
Call +91 7030901266 for Mechanical Maintenance & Oil Check.