Are you experiencing sub-optimal results even after changing filters?
Updated: Feb 24
We have talked about how to procure filters and what specifications to look for, but selecting the filter according to the specifications doesn’t ensure the best results if a filter is not employed properly. In this article, we will discuss a few factors which can impair a filter's performance.
I hope you have read these 2 articles:
Whenever you are experiencing sub-optimal results even after changing filters, below are some possibilities which should be checked for:
1. Collapsed center tube
2. Inconsistent media quality
3. Damaged or burst filter media – fatigue
4. Bypass at filter media seam
5. Bypass due to adhesive failure
6. Damaged gasket or O-ring seal
7. Bypass valve jammed in open/closed position
8. Installation error, installing a filter in the opposite flow direction
9. Bypass valve leakage
10. Misaligned filter and seal
If none of the above factors contribute to the sub-optimal functioning of your filters we suggest you contact the Minimac Consulting team for required filter calculations and further investigations.
Get your filter check today, Call +91 7030901266
We at Minimac Systems Pvt Ltd. provide services of Total Lubrication Management and Lubrication Consulting that helps you optimize your Lubrication needs. Minimac stands for MINImum MAChinery Maintenance.