Are you topping up lubricants or impurities in your machines?
Updated: Feb 24, 2022
Topping up lubricant is a routine practice in most of the industries. We generally use oil cans and top-up containers for the same. Often we do not put a lot of thought towards the cleanliness of these containers and hence introduce a lot of particle contaminants into the system doing more bad than good to the machine.
Here, are the best 5 practices for oil-can and top-up containers:
1. Keep your containers sealed: We should always use containers that can be sealed airtight. Always reseal the containers between uses.
2. Remove galvanised containers: We should not use Galvanised containers as they act as dirt magnets.
3. Dedicate & Label your containers: We should dedicate containers to a class of “mixable lubricants” only and label them to avoid mixing of incompatible lubricants while topping up.
4. Use designated lockers: Don’t use top-up containers to store oil next to machines. Instead, place containers in a nearby locker or cabinet between uses. This will ensure less particle contamination.
5. Keep Containers Clean: Inspect containers routinely for dirt, water, debris, etc. Ensure cleaning the containers even if the contamination on the container is really minute.
Also read: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-choose-right-lubricant-anshuman-agrawal- mlt-1-/
In case you are still confused about your Oil Containers and Oil Cans maintenance. Minimac is here to help you. Call +91 7030901266 for Lubrication Reliability and Contamination Control.