Are you topping up lubricants or impurities in your machines?
Updated: Feb 24, 2022
Topping up lubricant is a routine practice in most of the industries. We generally use oil cans and top-up containers for the same. Often we do not put a lot of thought towards the cleanliness of these containers and hence introduce a lot of particle contaminants into the system doing more bad than good to the machine.
Here, are the best 5 practices for oil-can and top-up containers:
1. Keep your containers sealed: We should always use containers that can be sealed airtight. Always reseal the containers between uses.
2. Remove galvanised containers: We should not use Galvanised containers as they act as dirt magnets.
3. Dedicate & Label your containers: We should dedicate containers to a class of “mixable lubricants” only and label them to avoid mixing of incompatible lubricants while topping up.
4. Use designated lockers: Don’t use top-up containers to store oil next to machines. Instead, place containers in a nearby locker or cabinet between uses. This will ensure less particle contamination.
5. Keep Containers Clean: Inspect containers routinely for dirt, water, debris, etc. Ensure cleaning the containers even if the contamination on the container is really minute.
In case you are still confused about your Oil Containers and Oil Cans maintenance. Minimac is here to help you. Call +91 7030901266 for Lubrication Reliability and Contamination Control.