How & how much to lubricate?
It is a well-known fact that lubricant’s key responsibility is surface separation and protection. It reduces friction and saves a lot of costs that a company incurs in events of premature failure. One of the things that people talk about very seldom is when to lubricate and how much to lubricate. Does over lubrication saves or increases the maintenance expense? Is there a sweet spot or optimum point for lubrication?
In this article, we will discuss how to work around your lubrication schedule to save on operational costs and simultaneously reduce energy consumption? To get answers ping us: +91 7030901266
As presented in a report by Dr. H. Peter Jost’s Projected Economic Benefits Associated With Improved Lubrication Design and Practice, “A large percentage of lubrication programs operate inefficiently and on auto-pilot”.
Some of the properties where too little or excess consumes too much energy:
2. Grease Consistency
3. Grease Load
4. Oil Volume
6. Grease Bleed
7. Summability: grease’s ability to relax in its reservoir under gravity and be fed into the pump
4 steps of the Oil Lubrication to save costs and conserve energy are:
1. Calculate the machine lubrication schedule on the basis of the machine’s operating environment and characteristics. It is often observed that the lubrication schedule of the slow-moving machines is scheduled very frequently and that of fast-moving machines very seldom. This irregularity in relubrication leads to either excess lubrication and thus wasting the product or insufficient lubrication leading to friction between surfaces, higher wear, and tear and premature failure.
Contact Minimac, to schedule maintenance and for filter audit drive, follow: https://www.linkedin.com/company/minimacsystemsprivatetlimited
2. Machinery Operators should conduct a basis pre-trip each day to check for the physical properties of the lubrication of oil. In this way, early contamination conditions could be detected.
3. Cleaning of lubricant sump should become a schedule to extend on the intervals to change sump oil to save new lubricant cost. This activity also saves varnish and sludge appearance in tanks.
4. Skip all 3 steps and call Minimac +91 7030901266
We at Minimac Systems Pvt Ltd. not only design a maintenance schedule for the lubrication oil but also provide a range of OIL PURIFICATION SYSTEMS & OIL TESTING KITS. Minimac stands for MINImum MAChinery Maintenance.