Lube oil checks and recommended testing kits
Updated: Nov 18, 2020
For field inspection of lube oils, the following points are important to take action:
a) Basic tests for lube oils are to observe the oil in glass sample bottle for colour inspection.
b) If you observe that colour of lube oils is milky or dark in shade, then you have to process for further testing with hand held testing kits which are easy for use at the site.
Following are the testing kits which can be used at the site for checking lube oil:
1) Millipore Patch Testing Kit – This testing kit is useful for measuring contamination in oil as per NAS/ISO by observing the patch paper with microscope. This is a very basic test to know if oil is contaminated or clean. This is a portable patch testing kit and easy to handle everywhere at the site.
2) Hydrogauge Oil Test Kit – It is used for checking moisture or water contamination in oil by adding a 10 ml sample in 2 types of different reagents. This is also an offline & portable testing kit which shows results approximately and at very low cost.
3) Visgauge Oil Test Kit – This kit is useful for checking the viscosity of oils from 0 to 460 ranges of oils. This testing kit is portable and easy to use.
4) Online Laser Particle Counter – This is an online contamination monitor which is useful for checking oil contamination in NAS, ISO format with particle distributions in 8 Nos of channels. You can connect this particle counter with a pipeline or any external oil filtration system with the help of the provision of minimize hoses and the particle counter has an LED screen to show results.
5) Portable Online Laser Particle Counter – This is a portable online contamination monitor which is useful for checking oil contamination in NAS, ISO format with particle distributions in 8 Nos of channels. This particle counter is able to check NAS values for multiple types of samples or multiple machines. It can be connected with pipeline or any external oil filtration system with the provision of minimize hoses and the particle counter has an LED Screen to show results.
Following are some Easy Field Tests and Inspections –
Minimac focuses on lubrication reliability and contamination control - Doctor's for your machine!
Call +91 7030901266 for Condition Monitoring.